This is an interactive three-day workshop on the practical application of the National Safety Code (NSC) standards for achieving full compliance and attaining exemplary on-road safety results.
- National Safety Code standards and their practical application in Alberta to commercial bus and truck companies;
- Roles and responsibilities of commercial carrier owners, management, and safety officers;
- Methodology of NSC record keeping that allows daily evaluations of vehicle and driver readiness for work.
Learning how to effectively:
- Develop and implement effective safety and maintenance programs that address the specific transportation operations conducted by the commercial carrier;
- Evaluate a driver for competency;
- Assess preventability of collisions and how to apply the knowledge gained to prevent recurrence;
- Define collision preventability vs. fault vs. liability.
Apply the philosophy and values of:
- Selecting and employing a transportation safety officer;
- Fostering a positive culture of safety to achieve objectives established;
- A professional commercial driver;
- Monitoring and assessing competency of drivers, management and other staff within a highway transportation organization;
- Taking remedial actions to address compliance and safety issues.
There are no upcoming events at this time.