US Operating Authorities

Our office can assist you with applying for the following processes:

DOT Number

Companies that operate commercial vehicles transporting passengers or hauling cargo in interstate commerce must be registered with the FMCSA and must have a USDOT number. The USDOT number serves as a unique identifier when collecting and monitoring a company’s safety information acquired during audits, compliance reviews, crash investigations, and inspections.

Effective September 30, 2016, all carriers will be required to have a DOT number, regardless if you are a private, for or hauling exempt commodities.


A BOC3 is a list of process agents from each state who are assigned to a commercial carrier who engages in commerce in the United States. These agents act as a representative should legal documents be served against a commercial carrier.


Motor carriers, freight forwarders, leasing companies and brokers based in the United States, Canada, Mexico or any other country that operate in interstate or international commerce in the United States must register under the UCR program (Unified Carrier Registration). UCR replaced the Single State Registration System (SSRS) program.

The Single State Registration System was originally used by each state to collect fees from commercial companies who operate in commerce within that particular state. The UCR Act was introduced on January 1, 2007, and is intended to be a more unified method to collect state fees. All commercial carriers who operate within the United States are required each year to purchase and maintain a valid UCR for their company.


The Standard Carrier Alpha Code (SCAC) is a unique two-to-four-letter code used to identify transportation companies. SCAC codes are required when doing business with all U.S. government agencies and with many commercial shippers, including those in the automobile, petroleum, forest products, and chemical industries as well as suppliers to retail businesses and carriers engaged in railroad piggyback trailer and ocean container drayage. Carriers who use the Uniform Intermodal Interchange Facilities Access Agreement (UIIA) are required to maintain a valid SCAC code. Our staff can assist you in obtaining an SCAC.

All 4 Registrations must be complete before a Carrier can enter the USA


Transponders are optional, renew annually and are specific to the vehicle, not the company. If a vehicle is sold, the transponder is to remain with the vehicle and will require deactivation by the previous owner.

The transponder, also known as a User Fee, is a sticker that contains a radio-frequency identification chip that transmits information about the vehicle and border crossing User Fee payment status.

Our knowledgeable staff can assist you with all your US Operating Authority needs